Wednesday, September 2, 2026

05.04.27: Level 1; First Latin Lessons; vocabulary review (1)

Below is the main vocabulary from Units 1 – 10 of First Latin Lessons. Match the English with the Latin in the word cloud or choose from the lists in bold below each section.

[1] Nouns

  • daughter
  • farmer
  • forest, wood
  • friend
  • gift
  • girl
  • house
  • inhabitant
  • language
  • letter
  • life
  • money
  • mother
  • picture
  • poet
  • reputation, fame
  • road, street
  • rose
  • sailor
  • school
  • sister
  • story
  • window

agricola; amīcus; casa; dōnum; epistula; fābula; fāma; fenestra; fīlia; incola; lingua; māter; nauta; pecūnia; pictūra; poēta; puella; rosa; schola; silva; soror; via; vīta

[2] Verbs [i]

  • I love
  • I walk
  • I see
  • I give
  • I praise
  • you love
  • (s)he / it loves
  • (s)he / it desires, wants
  • (s)he / it gives
  • (s)he / it is
  • (s)he / it waits, awaits
  • (s)he / it has
  • (s)he / it praises
  • (s)he / it reads
  • (s)he / it shows
  • (s)he / it tells, narrates
  • (s)he / it shows, displays
  • (s)he / it writes

amās; amat; ambulō; amō; cupit; dat; dō; est; exspectat; habet; laudat; laudō; legit; mōnstrat; nārrat; ostendit; scrībit; videō

[3] Verbs [ii]

  • we learn
  • we love
  • we praise
  • we see
  • they are
  • they give
  • they hurry
  • they love
  • they see
  • they walk

amāmus; amant; ambulant; dant; discimus; laudāmus; properant; sunt; vidēmus; vident

[3] Pronouns, prepositions; conjunctions; adverbs

pronouns

  • to me / for me
  • to you / for you

prepositions

  • from; out of
  • in; on
  • with

conjunctions

  • and
  • but

adverbs

  • also
  • now
  • often
  • sometimes
  • there
  • well
  • why

bene; cum; cūr; ē / ex; et; ibi; in; interdum; mihi; nunc; quoque; saepe; sed; tibi

No comments: